Plan Your Visit to O2 in London | Timings, Getting There, Facilities & More
Spend a day at The O2 London exploring the various events, activities, shopping outlets, and restaurants here. Home to the first American-style platform in London, the O2 has a charming dome structure and is a fun place to visit for all ages. If you are planning a visit, then learn about the O2 opening times, how to reach, the best time to visit, and other important information for an amazing trip.
The O2 Opening Times
- What are the O2 opening times?
The O2 is open daily from 10 AM to 10 PM.
- When is the O2 closed?
The O2 London is open all year round.
- How long should I spend at the O2?
When you are visiting the O2, it is recommended that you spend at least 4-5 hours exploring all the highlights of this entertainment complex.
- What is the best time to visit the O2?
Plan a visit to the O2 in the morning during the weekdays to beat the crowd.
The O2 Location
Address: Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DX, United Kingdom
The O2 London is located in the Peninsula Square of Greenwich Borough, south-east and downstream of London on the River Thames.
Getting to the O2 London
Visitors can take the 108, 129, 132, 161, 188, 422, 472, or 486 bus numbers to get down at the North Greenwich station.
Take a tube on the Jubilee Line in Zones 2 and 3 and get down at the North Greenwich Station.
Take a River Bus by Thames Clipper and get down at the North Greenwich Pier. There are boat services throughout the day until late evening to this pier.
You can drive to the O2 using the M25, A2, A20, and the M11. You can use the Edmund Halley Way or the Millennium Way.
By Cable Car
Visit the O2 London using the cable car between Greenwich Peninsula and the Royal Docks which would be a 5-minute experience.
Visitors can reach the O2 on a bicycle by using the cycle routes and take a bicycle from the cycle racks in the O2 or the North Greenwich Station.
Parking at The O2
With over 2,100 parking spaces available at the O2, visitors can easily reach by car here. There is a parking facility available for event-goers, general visitors, disabled visitors, and even bikers at the O2.
O2 Parking for the Arena or Indigo at The O2 Event
- Customers who are visiting the O2 to attend an event at the O2 Arena or the Indigo at the O2 can use Car Park 1.
- You have the option of pre-booking the car park space until midnight one day before the event.
- Get an Early bird tariff for the event parking if you book the car park space 3 weeks before the event.
- For valet parking, you can follow the signs to the Meridian Gate.
- If you haven’t pre-booked your parking space for the event, you can check the parking space on the event day for available space and pay for the car park space on the day of the event.
O2 Parking for Icon Outlet and Other Non-Event Activities
- For visiting the Icon Outlet or other non-event attractions in the O2, customers can use the Car Park 2, 3, or 4.
- If you spend £35 or more at the Icon Outlet, then you can avail of 4 hours of free parking space at Car Park 2, 3, or 4 when paying the non-event tariff.
- To avail of the free parking, customers must show valid receipts from the Icon Outlet retail stores totaling the amount of £35 or more at the Parking Office Reception Desk or the Welcome Desk before leaving the O2 car park.
- Cineworld customers can also get 4 hours free parking in car parks 2 and 3 which starts once the visitor arrives in the car parking space.
- Once the movie is done, go to the parking office and show them the movie ticket and the unpaid car park ticket.
- Car Park 2 is open at 9 AM on each weekday.
O2 Drop-off and Pick-up & Parking Offers
The free drop-off and pick-up point is available in Car Park 1 for disabled visitors and for those who are opting for Valet parking services. It is located near the Millennium Way and is properly signposted. When you spend £35 or more at the Icon Outlet, you get 4 hours of free parking. Cineworld customers also get 4 hours of free parking if they use Car Park 2 or 3.
O2 Valet Parking
If you are in a hurry and coming to attend a show at the O2, then you can use the O2 Valet Parking service where your car will be parked at the VIP entrance. Once your show finishes, your car will be ready to leave. If you pre-book this service, you pay £45 and if you park on the day of the event, then you pay £50.
Accessibility Parking at the O2
There are blue badge parking spaces available in all of the car parks of the O2. Disabled access parking at the O2 costs £19 if you pre-book it online or by calling on 020 8463 6718. Make sure that the blue badge owner is in the vehicle when you arrive in the car park and you can use the intercom system or ask an attendant for any kind of help in the car park.
O2 Bicycle Parking
Visitors who are arriving by bicycle to the O2 can use the 500 cycle racks available in Car Parks 2, 3, and 4 and near the North Greenwich Station to use the O2 parking facility.
O2 Parking Tariffs
- Pre-booked Event Parking
If you are arriving at the O2 for an event, then you can pre-book the parking space until midnight prior to the day of the event. You can get the Early bird tariff if you book 3 weeks before the event. For event car parking, visitors need to go to Car Park 1 and for valet parking, you just need to reach the Meridian Gate.
The O2 Arena
Car Early Bird: £25
The O2 Arena Valet
Indigo at the O2
- Pay on the Day Event Parking
If you haven’t pre-booked your parking space for the event and there is still parking space available, then you can pay for the parking on the day of the event.
The O2 Arena
Minibus and Coach: £58
The O2 Arena Valet
Indigo at the O2
Minibus and Coach: £58
- Non-Event Parking
For those visiting the O2 to not attend an event but to check out attractions such as Cineworld, Icon Outlet, etc., there are Car Park 2, 3, and 4 available. Below are the tariffs for the non-event car parks and do note that Car Park 2 opens up at 9 AM during the weekday.
0 - 2 hours: £6,
2 - 4 hours: £9
4 - 6 hours: £13
6 - 9 hours: £15
9 - 12 hours: £16
12 - 14 hours: £19
14 - 18 hours: £25
18 - 24 hours: £50
0 - 2 hours: £17
6 - 9 hours: £28
12 - 14 hours: £58
bp Mobility Hub at The O2
London’s first multi-transport hub, bp Mobility Hub is a place where guests can access electric vehicle charging docks, bicycles, and car clubs to move from one point to another in a smarter and more convenient way.
How to Use the Mobility Hub app:
- Download the mobility hub app and sign in.
- Use a Brompton Bike or an Enterprise Car Club EV for commuting.
- Plan your journeys using the mobility hub app.
- Find and book train and bus tickets, taxis, car rentals, and hotel rooms on the app.
Tips for Visiting The O2
- If you are planning to explore the shops or attractions at O2, then visit on a non-event or show day as it can get really crowded in the evening or early afternoon.
- Be prepared to get your bag checked in the airport-style scanners at the O2.
- Arrive early at the O2 if you are attending a show or event in the O2 arena.
- There are lots of restaurants and cafes available on-site where you can enjoy salads, sandwiches, cakes, and so on.
- Book your parking spot beforehand to avoid the crowds during the busy season.
- Purchase the event tickets online and in advance to avoid the long queues.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you are planning to indulge in activities such as bowling, oxygen freejumping, and so on.
- Plan a visit with sufficient time to explore all the attractions, shopping outlets, restaurants, and cafes that are available at the O2.
All Your Questions Answered About Visiting the O2 in London
A. The O2 opening times are from 10 AM - 10 PM daily.
A. The O2 is open all year round.
A. It can take anywhere between 4-5 hours to explore all the highlights of the O2. If you take part in the activities, then it can take longer for you to cover this complex.
A. If you wish to avoid the crowd, then plan a visit to the O2 in the morning during the weekend.
A. The O2 is located in Greenwich, south-east of London, and on the banks of the River Thames.
A. You can reach the O2 by river bus, bus, car, tube, and cable car.
A. The cheapest way to reach the O2 is by bus or tube.
A. North Greenwich station is the closest tube station to the O2.
A. Yes, the O2 offers over 2,100 parking spaces to visitors.
A. The O2 parking fee starts at £6 and depends on how many hours you spend in the parking space or if you are attending an event at the O2 Arena.
A. Yes, there are blue badge parking spaces available at the O2 for disabled visitors.